Skip to main content

Master Bedroom Reveal

ITS HERE!
I have finally gotten to a place with our master bedroom where I can show you some reveal photos and information. Our bedroom is not done yet in my eye, I would like to add in some more decorative accents for sure. Decorate the dresser properly, switch out the night stands at some point etc. But as goes with design its ever evolving, changing, editing and fine tuning.
I am so happy how it turned out. When I was designing this space in the beginning I really didn't have a strong vision of what I wanted the room to look like. I just knew how I wanted it to feel, and from there it just came together.
I wanted the bedroom to feel calming, cool, yet cozy. I have a hard time sleeping so I do as much as I can to help myself sleep easier.
You can read all about the finishes chosen in this previous post. I share everything from paint colour, light fixture, flooring etc.

Can we all take a moment of silence for this BEAUTIFUL mirror/art piece. I was luckily enough to find this beauty at HomeSense and thought it was absolutely perfect. I knew I wanted/needed something over top of the dresser and was unsure if it would be an art piece like a panting or picture or a mirror. This is the best of both worlds and I feel like it goes along with the modern farmhouse-esque theme I am going for.



Isn't this mirror absolutely gorgeous! There is a bit of a long winded story about this mirror that when I saw it in HomeSense I literally squealed.
Ok so we were in the thick of renovations sometime during the summer. I went to HomeSense for fun and came across a mirror just like this except it was grey. I LOVED it but I was not loving the over $100 price tag. Especially with all the renovation bills coming in. I chose not buy it, because money. Ever since I was walked out the store without the mirror I regretted it and thought of it often. I had a mirror already but it was not the right look. Months later, I think around September/October Darrel and I were roaming through another HomeSense. We were about to leave but as I turned around and saw this beauty. I was in shock! If you know anything about HomeSense its like you gotta get it, even if you're unsure its best to get it anyway and return it because if you don't you miss out. I could not believe this was in. I was a little disappointed it was not grey since I would worried I had too much white in the room but, whatever! UGH! I even begin to describe how happy I was to find this. I love it.

I also love how well the area rug, flooring and duvet cover work together. I bought this rug from Wayfair before I even chose the paint colours. I am just so pleased how they all work together and lucky that it did work as when you're ordering online you never know if the colour form the pictures are true. I think it was all just meant to be, haha.


Lauren xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Bedroom Drama

We were very fortunate to have very minor issues during the first phase of our renovation. You hearing many horror stories of things going wrong and money hemorrhaging that I'm happy that things went smoothly. Not to say we didn't have our fair share of anxiety (me), fighting and minor set backs. First minor issue was, as expected the master front window was rotting. We knew something was wrong as the previously existing drywall had a poorly patched crack from floor to ceiling and as we tore out the carpet the subfloor was discoloured. My father in-law removed the rotten wood and stucco backing, and cut away any other surrounding soft wood. He then cleaned the area with bleach and water mixture and allowed it to dry. He replaced the missing studs with new 2x4s and reinforced other areas with more cuts for strength. We replaced all the original poly with thicker newer product and cut away excess insulation. Our home is a 2x4 frame so we hoped the thicker poly would help the h...

Master Bath Finishes

Today I am talking all about finishes, what we (me) chose for the master bath reno. This includes everything from paint, tile, lighting, doors and hardware, and bath fixtures. Paint In the bathroom I chose Benjamin Moore's Intense White (OC-51). As I mentioned earlier it was really important for me to keep the bathroom light and as bright as possible since there is no natural light. When you are in the shower or getting ready early morning in the dead of winter when the sun has not come out, you really want to be able to see what you are doing. To accomplish this I chose an off white colour with grey tones to coordinate with the grey undertone of the vanity wood stain, grey colouring in the floor and the marble hex shower tile. The doors and trim colour is Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace (OC-65) . Tile We purchased our tile from Tile Stone Source ; Snow An was our sale representative. Bathroom Floor: 12X24" matte porcelain tile in Aura Frost Shower Floor: 2"...