Skip to main content

Kitchen Inspiration

I am so excited to start working on the kitchen. It is the heart of the home and a place you spend a lot of time in so to have it pretty and functional is important. I have some things very clear in my mind about how I want to change the kitchen but others that are not settled.

I know I want the wall to be removed, where the current oven is located. This will require a structural beam to be installed since this is one out of two load bearing wall. I know I want the oven to be relocated around where the dishwasher currently is and I want the sink to stay the same. I want the dishwasher to be on the left of the sink and I really hope I can fit in an island that can sit 3 table height stools.
I am unsure about that window. I want to keep it to allow more natural light in but it is quite large and takes up a lot of potential countertop space, which is one thing I want more of. I am unsure if I should get rid of the window all together or have a the countertop sized window? I also don't love the window because the neighbors can see into our home from there adjacent window. So currently the blind are almost fully shut. Would love some feedback or ideas if anyone has any

Below I will insert pictures off my Pintrest board (which I use as a vision board) for each room. If I know the source I will embed them in the picture, but I have mainly seen these off Pintrest and unsure of original source.
 white kitchen  Favourite kitchen  14 Gorgeous Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Cabinets Decor Ideas  A large pantry was a must-have for my kitchen remodel! LOVE my new tall & deep pantry with pull out shelves - so much storage space!  Midnight Oil by Benjamin Moore A pantry with its own farmhouse sink and built-in ovens is located behind the range wall Paint Color is Midnight Oil by Benjamin Moore #BenjaminMoore #pantry    The BEST marble look alike without all of the upkeep! Caesarstone's Statuario Maximus - check it out in this newly remodeled kitchen! #kitchen #kitchens #kitchenrenovation #kitchenreno #kitchenremodel #kitchendesign #kitchenideas #countertops
I want a wood island with Caesarstone’s Statuario Maximus quartz counter top. I want white upper and lower cabinets everything else. I would love to have another oven. The oven I posted above has a microwave built in above which I think is a nice idea to clear off counter space. I would also love to have a rang hood cover. The flooring will be the current vinyl we installed upstairs. I would very much like to have a large pull out drawer pantry. The pantry cupboard that is currently in our kitchen is quite small, and with just us two it stays fairly full.


Lauren xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Bedroom Reveal

ITS HERE! I have finally gotten to a place with our master bedroom where I can show you some reveal photos and information. Our bedroom is not done yet in my eye, I would like to add in some more decorative accents for sure. Decorate the dresser properly, switch out the night stands at some point etc. But as goes with design its ever evolving, changing, editing and fine tuning. I am so happy how it turned out. When I was designing this space in the beginning I really didn't have a strong vision of what I wanted the room to look like. I just knew how I wanted it to feel, and from there it just came together. I wanted the bedroom to feel calming, cool, yet cozy. I have a hard time sleeping so I do as much as I can to help myself sleep easier. You can read all about the finishes chosen in this previous post. I share everything from paint colour, light fixture, flooring etc. Can we all take a moment of silence for this BEAUTIFUL mirror/art piece. I was luckily enough to...

Master Bedroom Drama

We were very fortunate to have very minor issues during the first phase of our renovation. You hearing many horror stories of things going wrong and money hemorrhaging that I'm happy that things went smoothly. Not to say we didn't have our fair share of anxiety (me), fighting and minor set backs. First minor issue was, as expected the master front window was rotting. We knew something was wrong as the previously existing drywall had a poorly patched crack from floor to ceiling and as we tore out the carpet the subfloor was discoloured. My father in-law removed the rotten wood and stucco backing, and cut away any other surrounding soft wood. He then cleaned the area with bleach and water mixture and allowed it to dry. He replaced the missing studs with new 2x4s and reinforced other areas with more cuts for strength. We replaced all the original poly with thicker newer product and cut away excess insulation. Our home is a 2x4 frame so we hoped the thicker poly would help the h...

Master Bath Finishes

Today I am talking all about finishes, what we (me) chose for the master bath reno. This includes everything from paint, tile, lighting, doors and hardware, and bath fixtures. Paint In the bathroom I chose Benjamin Moore's Intense White (OC-51). As I mentioned earlier it was really important for me to keep the bathroom light and as bright as possible since there is no natural light. When you are in the shower or getting ready early morning in the dead of winter when the sun has not come out, you really want to be able to see what you are doing. To accomplish this I chose an off white colour with grey tones to coordinate with the grey undertone of the vanity wood stain, grey colouring in the floor and the marble hex shower tile. The doors and trim colour is Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace (OC-65) . Tile We purchased our tile from Tile Stone Source ; Snow An was our sale representative. Bathroom Floor: 12X24" matte porcelain tile in Aura Frost Shower Floor: 2"...