Skip to main content

Mud Room Inspiration


The backdoor/garage entry/mudroom I have so many ideas for. I hope to make it more functional and pretty. Currently the only natural light comes from the window of the backdoor so I hope to replace it with a similar style door, just with some more privacy glass.

I hope to have the currently double sliding door/closet space created into more of a "locker" room-ish space. I would like to have a bench so you can sit and put on your shoes if necessary with some coat coats on the wall. I would like to have some storage space or winter gloves and hats, hopefully in the form of drawers under the bench. The thing I am currently struggling with is the currently clothes rail set up I also use for hang to dry clothes. If I remove this and replace with coat hooks this would not leave me with much other space for dry clothes. I have a smaller Ikea stand dryer which is great for pants and intimates, but not so great with longer pieces like shirts and jackets.
I do wish to keep the current smaller portion of the closet for cleaning supplies, but replace the sliding door with a normal swing door.
Aesthetically I hope to have the some white shiplap on the wall either the entire space or guest bath, and I am also struggling with the decision of pattern cement tile or porcelain tile. I like the look of a pattern cement or porcelain tile, I am just unsure how well it will date. I am worried that years later I will dislike it and want to replace it. I am trying to keep the materials I choose timeless so I don't have to do major updates as years go by.


Below I will insert pictures off my Pintrest board (which I use as a vision board) for each room. If I know the source I will embed them in the picture, but I have mainly seen these off Pintrest and unsure of original source.


   cabinet paint color is “Sherwin Williams Dorian Gray“. Shiplap paint color is Benjamin Moore White Dove.     shiplap wall, cement floor tile and whitewashed white oak vanity. The designer ordered the vanity from Noir Furniture and outfitted for the sink on top, and plumbing below.  MSI Paloma Encaustic 8 in. x 8 in. Glazed Porcelain Floor and Wall Tile (5.33 sq. ft. / case)-NPAL8X8 - The Home Depot  GODMORGON / ODENSVIK Sink cabinet with 2 drawers, walnut effect walnut effect 103x49x64 cm  Image result for Masonite Brant 1/2 Lite RH   Image result for Masonite  Antique Black 3/4-Lite Right Hand Entry Door with Brickmould


Lauren xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Bedroom Reveal

ITS HERE! I have finally gotten to a place with our master bedroom where I can show you some reveal photos and information. Our bedroom is not done yet in my eye, I would like to add in some more decorative accents for sure. Decorate the dresser properly, switch out the night stands at some point etc. But as goes with design its ever evolving, changing, editing and fine tuning. I am so happy how it turned out. When I was designing this space in the beginning I really didn't have a strong vision of what I wanted the room to look like. I just knew how I wanted it to feel, and from there it just came together. I wanted the bedroom to feel calming, cool, yet cozy. I have a hard time sleeping so I do as much as I can to help myself sleep easier. You can read all about the finishes chosen in this previous post. I share everything from paint colour, light fixture, flooring etc. Can we all take a moment of silence for this BEAUTIFUL mirror/art piece. I was luckily enough to...

Master Bedroom Drama

We were very fortunate to have very minor issues during the first phase of our renovation. You hearing many horror stories of things going wrong and money hemorrhaging that I'm happy that things went smoothly. Not to say we didn't have our fair share of anxiety (me), fighting and minor set backs. First minor issue was, as expected the master front window was rotting. We knew something was wrong as the previously existing drywall had a poorly patched crack from floor to ceiling and as we tore out the carpet the subfloor was discoloured. My father in-law removed the rotten wood and stucco backing, and cut away any other surrounding soft wood. He then cleaned the area with bleach and water mixture and allowed it to dry. He replaced the missing studs with new 2x4s and reinforced other areas with more cuts for strength. We replaced all the original poly with thicker newer product and cut away excess insulation. Our home is a 2x4 frame so we hoped the thicker poly would help the h...

Stairs

When we moved into the house I knew I wanted to change a lot of things. The change I felt like would make a big statem would be the stair railing. Stairs can make a big statement on a homes appearance and can be a big focal point. The original railing was very dated, not the look I was going for and not super sturdy feeling. I'm sure it was structurally sound but because it was iron and all welded into one piece, you could shake it and the entire thing would wobble. If I had all of the money I would have LOVED to have a matte black iron railing but the quote I received was wayyyy out of my comfort zone, especially for something that would not add value to the home. We hoped we could DIY this project to save a good chunk of money, but the logistics of a stair railing especially with the eastern style stairs we have with the turn and drop we did not feel comfortable when it is just a big safety feature. I contacted several companies in Edmonton and went with Artis...