Skip to main content

Living Space Inspiration

For the living space I want it to be comfy and welcoming yet functional and child friendly (for future, currently nonexistent children). My goal for this entire renovation process is to keep everything as timeless as possible and to think ahead. For intense The entire house is carpeted, minus the kitchen, mud room, and upstairs guest toilet. When we were working on our first phase of the project to removed all of the carpet on the second floor and replaced it with vinyl "wood" flooring. I was suggested to have vinyl in the guest bedrooms as it is easier to clean from potential spills and accidents.
Below I will insert pictures off my Pintrest board (which I use as a vision board) for each room. If I know the source I will embed them in the picture, but I have mainly seen these off Pintrest and unsure of original source.
Front living space
The living space is no acceptation. The front living will house a cuddly couch but have fabric that is durable which cushion covers that can be removed and ideally be thrown in the washing machine. Currently I am eyeing the Lounge II petite in Taft Cement from Crate & Barrel. There will be a TV, coffee table and area rug.
Lounge II 93" Sofa - Crate and Barrel  Barrett Storage Ottoman with Tray and Casters  Kenton Coffee Table  Omar TV Stand for TVs up to 70"  Paneled wall and board and batten tutorial.  Olga Gray Area Rug  https://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2017/03/diy-barn-wood-herringbone-wall-treatment.html 
Back living space
In front of the fire place there will be a sitting area to allow for a space to cozy up by the fire with a book, play board games and allow more available seating for guests. This space will be across from the dining room and kitchen which will be perfect for parties and family dinners.
I am LUSTING over the Pottery Barn Turner Roll Arm Leather Armchair for across the fireplace, they're just so darn expensive. I do not know if the dimensions will work for the space but these chairs look oh so comfortable and perfect. I feel like a lot of leather armchairs I have seen are too "clubby" and bulky. I don't want the chair to have tufts and look like its on steroids and lives at the gym.
This dreamy living area that is open to the kitchen allows an intimate family area, but also a great house to entertain.
Turner Roll Arm Leather Grand Armchair 48", Down Blend Wrapped Cushions, Statesville Molasses     Former Bachelorette Jillian Harris Home Tour  Modern Farmhouse Fireplace Design Ideas (25)  scandinavianfireplaces2
I want to have built in shelves and cupboard space on either side of the fireplace and my current idea is to have Stikwood on the back of the opens shelving. Stikwood can get pricy especially if you're doing a large area, this is why I am thinking on putting it here. I would not require a lot of product keeping costs down, but it could give some nice interest and texture to the space.

Lauren xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The latest update

July has been jam packed with progress. The house has completely transformed since the beginning of the month and is really starting to look like a proper house again! July 4th drywall began throughout the main level. This was very exciting for us. Drywall really changes the space. You can really start to get a good idea on how the space is going to turn out. We have a proper ceiling now haha! The following week muddying and taping began followed by priming and the ceiling texture. This meant we could finally install the kitchen cabinets!  They went up faster than Darrel anticipated. Unfortunately the instructions for install were not very good. Luckily we have Darrel's Uncle, and the continued helped from the best father-in-law come to help. THANK YOU IAN!!!     It look beautiful already. This week is also jam pack with the tiling starting Tuesday and counter tops being installed Thursday. Which mean, I will have a functioning kitchen by the

About Us

Before I divulge into our home buying process I thought I would give you a quick blurb about us and our background. Incase you did not know. Which most of you do.... I work as an administrative assistant in health care. This job is great for my need to want to help others and allows me to be super OCD, organized, and at times bossy, however lacks creativity. I remember always loving interior design. As a child, like 8 years old or something one of my favorite TV channels were HGTV. I loved watching TLC's Trading Spaces, House to Home, and Debbie Travis' Facelift. I remember writing to interior design and host House to Home telling her how much I loved her show and how I wanted to be an interior designer just like her. Which is still true. I feel like I am a very practical/logistical person. If being and interior designer was a guaranteed good earning job I would be all over that. Along with being terrible at math is a bit of a set back as you need the highest high scho

Hot hot hot!

Over this past weekend we underwent a big project for our house. We replaced our old 40 gallon hot water tank for a 50 gallon power vent hot water tank. I will give you a moment to lower your hype. I know! haha. This was a very exciting project for us, more so Darrel, because this meant we could remove the massive B-vent running through the middle of our house. Getting us one step closer to our open floor plan dreams. What I have been told this difference between the two systems is the original b-vent relies on evaporations/draft to vent out fumes from the hot water tank. And normally they just get reabsorbed into the tank. The power vent has a fan like system that pumps the fumes outside of the house actively, instead of them floating up and outside. I don't think one is better than an other, just a different way of doing it. The nice thing about this new tank is even though it is larger, it uses less BTU's than our previous tank meaning it is more energy efficient, which is